Getting in and out of a bath can be a challenge if you have mobility issues but our Bath Buddy could be the solution. It is easy to use and comfortable. The Bath Buddy will assist people with limited ability in and out of the bath.
The Bath Buddy is a safe and stable bathing aid which allows people to bathe as they always have done, and lie down on the bottom of the bath.
It fits into most existing baths, there is no installation and it is ready to use within minutes. It is an affordable option that is easily removed after use and does not require expensive bathroom alterations. It is also light weight and portable, so it is easy to pack away flat after use.
- Inflate the Bath Buddy and comfortably position yourself on the cushion
- Press the soft touch down button to be gently lowered on an air cushion to the very bottom of your bath
- Enjoy your bath
- Press the soft touch up button to re-inflate the Bath Buddy to be gently raised to the top of the bath and step out of the bath (you are always in control)
The Bath Buddy inflatable bath lift has been installed in thousands of homes throughout the UK and Europe, allowing customers to bathe with ease, independence and in comfort.
Place cushion on a dry, clean bath with the sucker tabs facing outwards.
Apply firm pressure to each sucker to ensure the cushion sticks to the bath.
With the blower unit outside of the bathroom, plug the mains plug into the nearest wall socket and switch on.
Depress the UP button on the hand control unit until the cushion has fully inflated and the automatic cut off has switched the blower unit off.
Fill the bath with water, using an even mix of hot and cold water (using only hot water can damage the cushion)
Gently transfer onto the cushion, by swinging legs over the side of the bath.
Sit with back positioned against the lumber support and ensure you are centrally seated within the coloured panel.
Maintaining balance and leaning slightly forward depress the DOWN button on the hand control unit to gently deflate the cushion and lower the user into the bath. If necessary use the sides of the bath or a grab rail to further aid balance.
When bathing is complete sit upright, and leaning slightly forward depress the UP button of the hand control unit to inflate the cushion. Always ensure you are seated centrally within the coloured panel. Maintain pressure on the button until the automatic pressure sensor turns off the motor when the cushion reaches the top edge of the bath.
Move off the cushion by swinging legs over and out of the bath.
Make bath time easier!
- Lightweight & portable
- Comfortable (with a lumbar support for additional stability)
- Easy to use
- No installation required or installation costs
- No bathroom alterations
- Water energy saving
- Allows user complete immersion
- Removes hazard of stepping in and out of the bath
- No assistance required
- Simple to operate
- Suits most baths
- A secure non slip seat
- Safe to use – non electrical hand control
- User weight limit of 20 stone/130 kilograms
- Optional sizes – to suit the height of your bath
- One year manufacturer’s warranty
- TUV approved
- Manufactured from polyethylene, which provides a soft to touch yet hardwearing product, capable of resisting bath additives and hot bath water
- Hygienic – smooth contours make the Bath Buddy easy to clean, dry and pack away after use
- No metal parts on or around the cushion, ensuring comfort and no damage to your bath